What is a group?
You could avail of substantially reduced costs for an BEYOND BORDERS program by forming a "group". A "group" is, well, exactly a group! By finding friends, co-workers, students from the same university (the international office on your campus could be an invaluable guide in this) who wish to undertake the same program you will save upto USD500 on the program cost for individuals.
What is the minimum number of participants required to form a group?
A group comprises 4 or more individuals undertaking the same program at the same time.
A "group leader" is simply the person who creates the group on the BEYOND BORDERS group application system. The "group leader" needs to simply enter the following details of his group members on the system - Name, gender and email id of group members. Like any other applicant on the BEYOND BORDERS system the "group leader" enters only his personal details. The individual group members are sent separate login details to complete their individual applications on the system.
What are a group leader's responsibilities?
Besides forming the group and making the application on the website - None! Individual group members have their own login and passwords with their own separate dashboards for filling applications, viewing documents and making payments.
Does the "group" need to travel together?
No. Though it makes logistics much easier there is no compulsion from the BEYOND BORDERS system for the group to have the same travel itinerary. In the event of all group members taking separate flights into India, BEYOND BORDERS organizes separate airport pick-ups for each individual.
Is there any difference in program quality or facilities between groups and individuals?
The "group" system has been created to give a larger number of individuals the opportunity to participate in BEYOND BORDERS's programs and gain valuable international exposure in their chosen fields of interest. The program design, experience and facilities are exactly the same as that for individual students. Like individuals program costs include :
Pre departure orientation and support
- Airport pickup on arrival
- Transportation from Mumbai to Program site (in case the program site is different from Mumbai)
- Cultural adjustment, health and safety orientation.
- Program orientation and overview by qualified program personnel (Program Director/Academic Director/Sr. Program Managers)
- Local cellular phone / sim card for incoming calls and emergency use on day of arrival
-Shared accommodation at BEYOND BORDERS guest houses. The accommodation at all BEYOND BORDERS program locations is secure, centrally located and basic but comfortable. Most BEYOND BORDERS guest houses have power backup, hot water, modern amenities, internet access, television, a well equipped kitchen, day staff for cooking and cleaning .
- Three meals a day: Indian vegetarian meals. BEYOND BORDERS does not serve meat at guest houses for health and hygiene reasons. Often curries or breakfast might include eggs. Vegan meals can also be arranged on request.
- Support during program activities and monitoring (Program activities are Monday to Friday. Weekends are free for students’ personal travel).
- Weekly reviews of the program with qualified program personnel (Program Director/Program Manager/Academic Director). This includes reviews of the participants learning, contribution to placement organization, facilities, logistics and program content.
- Help/support/certification in completing participant’s requirements for academic credit.
- 24 Hour emergency support (7 days a week).
The cost does NOT include:
- Any overnight accommodation in Mumbai if your flight arrives before program date.
- Daily local transportation. (Proper guidance will be provided to participants on how to use local transport systems.)
- Air ticket to India, visa fees and any travel insurance will be the responsibility of the student.
- Weekend and overnight excursions outside the program activities will have to be paid by the students directly.
- Expenses of personal nature like table drinks, fruits, juices, other snacks or personal preference meal items, mineral water, international telephone calls, or any other expenses which are not included in the above list, would be borne by the students.
- Airport Drop at the end of the program is not included in program cost.
It is really simple! Give it a try!
Click on "Register" on the BEYOND BORDERS website and give the simple process a try. Make your international experience count for your friends while saving money!